The Georgia State University Child Development Program is a College of Education & Human Development sponsored service which provides high quality educational programming for Georgia State University students, staff, and faculty.
When are the centers open?
- The Suttles Center’s hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The Capitol Hill Child Enrichment Center’s hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Who has priority for enrollment?
Children of GSU students, staff, and faculty and State of Georgia Employees (CHCEC only) have priority for enrollment. Child care will be available on a first come, first served basis. If classes at the Center are filled, children will be placed on a waiting list until space becomes available.
What is required for enrollment?
- Financial Agreement with required signatures. Along with fees, one monthly payment (which will be held as the final month’s tuition) and the registration/insurance fee paid by check or money order.
- Application Form with required signatures and complete information about emergency contact persons.
- USDA Income Statement Form
- Health Information
1. IMMUNIZATION RECORD (Must be on Department of Human Resources Child Care Immunization Certificate, form 3231)
2. HEALTH STATEMENT: a note from your doctor stating that your child is in good health and can be in group care. If your child has a health problem, please ask your doctor to explain.
What happens if I need to withdraw from the program?
A financial agreement can be terminated if the parent is no longer employed or enrolled at Georgia State University. Upon such termination, if the center has received two-weeks advance written notice, the deposit paid at registration will be used for the final month’s tuition.
What are the fees?
Children can be enrolled full time only. Tuition is due the 1st of each month. If the 1st is on the weekend, tuition is due the 1st Monday. A late fee of 10% will be added to tuition not received by the due date. Tuition payments should be dropped into the locked box in the reception area. Tuition rates are updated annually. Please check with program location for site rates.
A fee of $2.00 per minute will be charged to a parent who picks up a child after 6:00 p.m. This charge must be made in cash and must be made on the evening that the charge is incurred. Please arrange your schedule carefully and work with us by calling ahead of time if you will be late.
What are the research and training aspects of the program?
Parents who enroll their children in our programs do so with the understanding that their children will be observed, videotaped, and photographed for purposes of education and training. Occasionally, they will be asked to consent to their child’s and/or family’s participation in specific research project.